Next Page

Previous Page

Thread: googlebot

Created on: 02/19/10 04:40 PM

Replies: 3

irvirv

googlebot
02/19/10 4:40 PM

I've searched model glue docs for a mention of this and came up blank. What do you think is the best way of having googlebot NOT index a page in the model glue framework. For instance I have a site that I'm basing off of canvas wiki. In there I added a calendar and I see that googlebot has tried to crawl index.cfm?event=personalcalendar&caldate=020110 etc thru 022810. Since all pages are index.cfm is there a preferred way of stopping googlebot? It seems robots.txt wouldn't really work here.

Link | Top | Bottom

admin

Experienced Member

RE: googlebot
02/25/10 12:11 PM

Using MG, or not using MG, doesn't really impact this question. You would use robots.txt or rel=nofollow. Now you mentioned robots.txt - I believe (but do not know!) that you can put patterns in the urls. So you could have it perhaps not index event=personalcalendar*. If I'm wrong, then I'd go with the REL= way.

Link | Top | Bottom

JaniceLohans

04/05/10 5:12 AM

Currently Googlebot only follows HREF links and SRC links. Googlebot discovers pages by harvesting all of the links on every page it finds. It then follows these links to other web pages. New web pages must be linked to other known pages on the web in order to be crawled and indexed or manually submitted by the webmaster.

* Last updated by: JaniceLohans on 4/5/2010 @ 5:14 AM *

Link | Top | Bottom

demo

07/23/10 3:54 AM

[list]
Test bbcode
[/list]

Link | Top | Bottom

Next Page

Previous Page

New Post