1 2

Previous Page

Thread: Random Null Pointers Error

Created on: 09/21/07 10:52 AM

Replies: 16

Walksalong

RE: Random Null Pointers Error
09/28/07 11:32 AM

I agree its frustrating and completely random. I'm not going back to CF7 for something like this... that's like putting my head in the sand. I'd rather hack it as a temp solution... it reminds me of the old CF 4 days :) Hopefully HostMySite will have some better feedback for you.

Link | Top | Bottom

admin

Experienced Member

09/28/07 4:48 PM

Guys - I am experiencing this with a client on HostMySite. Not with Soundings - but like what you say here, the bug is random and goes away on refresh. I'm going to 'raise the red flag' on my blog and see what happens.

Link | Top | Bottom

ShaneZ

Experienced Member

09/28/07 4:55 PM

Well, I was thinking it kinda sounds like the blog post you did on 9/12 with the NPE problem with the guy hosted on CrystalTech.

--------------------------------------------
http://www.kisdigital.com

Link | Top | Bottom

admin

Experienced Member

09/28/07 5:02 PM

Hmm, I forgot about that.

Ok - something is afoot. I'm going to try the solution that was there.

Link | Top | Bottom

hjoreteg

09/28/07 5:08 PM

I saw that post when i was looking for answers on this... I already tried it to no avail.

It sounded like the same issue, but it didn't seem to work for me.

Link | Top | Bottom

hjoreteg

10/08/07 10:57 PM

FOUND IT! This is what HostMySite eventually said:

The Null Pointer error is due to an issue with ColdFusion8 and MySQL. The fix for this is to uncheck 'Maintain connections across client requests' in the Advanced settings fir the ColdFusion DSN. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Link | Top | Bottom

LinkWorxSeo

01/09/12 9:14 PM

Database Drivers for CF8 is the cause of the null pointer exception error. HostMySite has an immediate fix for this issue. I found during my null pointer exception page errors that it seemed to be browser specific and somewhat random. Google Chrome and IE were the two biggest showing the error while Opera, Safari and FireFox rarely should this issue if at all. This immediate CF8 null pointer error is a fix that has to be done on the server side and not in myphp admin. So if you have upgraded to CF8 that was the cause. Hope this helps.

Link Worx Seo

Link | Top | Bottom

Next Page

1 2

Previous Page

New Post

Please login to post a response.