Next Page

Previous Page

Thread: access denied (coldfusion.sql.DataSourcePermission adserver)

Created on: 08/13/07 09:07 AM

Replies: 4

deebo

access denied (coldfusion.sql.DataSourcePermission adserver)
08/13/07 9:07 AM

As the heading suggests...
access denied (coldfusion.sql.DataSourcePermission adserver)
is the error I am getting.
It works fine on my localhost but on my shared hosting I get that error
The details say the problem is on line 84 of application.cfc and 23(query) of userManager.cfc
If I comment out and just set the cflogin to log me in without authenticating it goes in but throws up a similar problem if I try access campaigns or one of the other areas.funnily enough it let me into the user page...
I thought is might be that the cfcs were not being instantiated but they are initialized earlier and the problem seems to be when they are invoked...i hope i got that right,i often mix those 2 workds up :)

Link | Top | Bottom

admin

Experienced Member

RE: access denied (coldfusion.sql.DataSourcePermission adserver)
08/13/07 11:16 AM

You need to check with your host on this. It sounds like the DSN wasn't set up right.

Link | Top | Bottom

deebo

08/13/07 12:10 PM

Thats was my 1st thought since I added a password to the access db.so i deleted the datasource and set it up again,this time with the original db and no password.I also grabbed and cfdumped using the queries in your cfc using param to set the dsn and form variables.
I've always used mappings with my cfc so your components are totally location independent right?it does not matter what folder depth I have the adserver folder at right?
on my local box it sits at root/mysite/adserver/ but on the remote its root/adserver/
(I think my directory on my shared hosting is seen as the root...seems so).
Anyway,thanks for the reply Ray and if you can think of any other causes it would be much appreciated.
I'll try point the datasource to a mysql or mssql db and see if that sorts it out but I'm not sure what that will mean.It really shouldn't matter,thats what gets me.
Anyway, thanks Ray. Yours was one of the 1st blogs I started reading when I started CF last year and I promised myself I'd get something on your wishlist as soon as I make some money :)

Link | Top | Bottom

deebo

08/13/07 12:17 PM

Ok. It seems like I was right and it seems like it took a while for the changes to take effect once I change them on my control panel. Thats just not right. I'll take it up with my host. Thanks

Link | Top | Bottom

ventureN

01/30/08 5:55 PM

Guys,
Just had the exact same issue.
access denied coldfusion.sql.DataSourcePermission

If this error is followed by the DSN, it is almost certain that the DSN isn't set up within Coldfusion. A simple call to your host (if shared hosting) or a change within your CF Administrator will fix this.

Good luck. Great site Ray.

Bob L.

Link | Top | Bottom

Next Page

Previous Page

New Post

Please login to post a response.